Right next door to Upper Falls in Letchworth Park is this likely overlooked but very beautiful waterfall, Shadow Cascade. Shadow Cascade flows into the Genesee River, and once the waterfall passes below the bridge, it actually combines with Upper Falls, making the two pieces relatively indistinguishable.
The cascade is not that tall, but it is definitely worth visiting. You are only a hundred or so yards from the cascade as your standing next to the base of Upper Falls. If you continue further along this trail, I believe you can reach the railroad track that passes above Upper Falls.
1) I can’t remember which entrance we entered from, but those of off NY-39 are the best choices.
2) When you enter the park, there will be signs leading to different areas. Find the signs leading to Middle and Upper Falls. I believe you will be heading south as you head toward these falls.
3) The parking area for the falls is very near the southern entrance to the park. You will know you are in the right place when you see a functioning inn.
4) From there, you’ll want to find Upper Falls.
5) To the right of Upper Falls, you’ll notice a trail leading uphill. That trail leads right past Shadow Cascade.
Where in the World is Shadow Cascade?: map