There are a number of impressive waterfalls in Banff National Park, and Bow Falls is just one of those waterfalls. The park in and of itself is stunningly beautiful, with jagged mountains rising thousands of feet above you. And then add in waterfalls, and you’ll have no lack of things to do and see.
Bow Falls is one of the wider falls in the park. Some of the other falls are taller but are narrower. Bow Falls benefit may also be its curse. Bow Falls is very easy to visit. It’s located in Banff, and can be accessed via car (or hiking, I’m sure…). Once you arrive at the falls, there’s essentially no hike involved. Because of that, though, many people visit the falls. I was lucky to be able to get a shot of the falls that didn’t have a bunch of other people in it!
- Take Banff Avenue into the heart of Banff.
- Continue along Banff Avenue over the Bow River.
- Turn left onto Glen Avenue after crossing over the Bow River.
- After a short distance, veer left onto Bow River Avenue. The signs clearly indicate that you’ll be heading toward Bow Falls.
- On your left will be a parking area for Bow Falls. Park here and then head toward the falls!
Hike: not applicable
Where in the World is Bow Falls?