Here’s a smaller falls that probably gets overshadowed by larger falls in the immediate vicinity. This is Pennell Falls, which can be found in the Bushkill Falls tourist attraction. Pennell Falls is not the main attraction, partly because it’s off on a trail that doesn’t directly pass by Bushkill Falls. Even so, if you’re visiting Bushkill Falls, you should check out this pretty little waterfall.
The trail to the falls is extremely enjoyable. The family that runs the park has built beautiful wooden bridges and walkways that lead you around to the different falls. One of the trails, the red one, leads off to Pennell Falls, and then connects all the way around to the other falls. The red trail, while being denoted as a “difficult” trail, is not that difficult, and hits all the major falls in the park, and even a few that aren’t mentioned.
1) You can access the Bushkill Falls park from US-209 in Pennsylvania.
2) From US-209, turn onto Bushkill Falls Road near the town of Bushkill.
3) From there, head down that road to the sign for the entrance to the park.
4) Park in the parking lot. The park opens at different times depending on the season, but it is best to arrive as early as possible. It is a very popular attraction.
5) From there, pay the $10 entrance fee, making sure to get a brochure with map.
6) Head down the red trail to get to Pennell Falls and all of the other falls.
Where in the World is Pennell Falls?: map