Off in the remote parts of Georgia are some surprisingly beautiful waterfalls. Minnehaha Falls is one of the more accessible falls in this area around Lake Rabun. The trip to the falls involves a whole lot of twisting and turning at 25 mph on roads that hug the mountains, so get ready to get a little bit dizzy! But when you finally get to the falls, you’ll be extremely happy you’re a little bit dizzy.
The most difficulty I had with finding Minnehaha Falls was that I turned on the wrong road. There are two other waterfalls on another road along Lake Rabun. I misread the sign and then spent a while trying to figure out why I wasn’t finding Minnehaha Falls. Finally, though, all turned out OK!
1) You’ll be travelling along US-441 north of Tallulah Falls.
2) About 2 miles north of Tallulah Falls will be Old US-441.
3) Turn onto old US-441, heading west for about 2.5 miles.
4) Turn left on Lake Rabun Rd. and go for 6 miles. You will come to a dam with a road that crosses the lake/river right before the dam.
5) Turn left and cross the dam.
6) After a very short distance, you will turn left onto Bear Gap Road, which is a dirt road.
7) Go about 1.5 miles on Bear Gap Road to a sign indicating the trail to Minnehaha Falls.
8) There is only parking for two or three cars. After parking, head up the trail.
Where in the World is Minnehaha Falls?: map