Some waterfalls are inundated with people, making it hard to even get a picture. Upper Crow Creek Falls definitely does not have that problem. While the actual hike to the falls is short, the drive to the falls is not. It requires a drive down a considerable length of dirt road near Lake Rabun in Georgia. Because of this, it’s unlikely that many people visit this waterfall, but it makes for the perfect spot for somebody wanting quiet and peace.
1) You’ll be travelling along US-441 north of Tallulah Falls.
2) About 2 miles north of Tallulah Falls will be Old US-441.
3) Turn onto old US-441, heading west for about 2.5 miles.
4) Turn left on Lake Rabun Rd. and go for 6 miles. You will come to a dam with a road that crosses the lake/river right before the dam.
5) Turn left and cross the dam.
6) Go a short distance and turn/veer right onto Crow Creek Rd.
7) Start watching your odometer. Travel for 3.7 miles on Crow Creek Rd. It will be rather narrow at points, so be careful!
8) Right around the 3.7 mile mark, pay attention for a creek to your left. This will be Crow Creek. Park on the side of the road, since there is no parking area.
9) You can see Lower Crow Creek Falls from the road. Take the trail behind the mound to get to Upper Crow Creek Falls.
Where in the World is Upper Crow Creek Falls?: map