East Falls is the brother of West Falls, both found on the Black River in downtown Elyria. East Falls has the unlucky fortune of being the less scenic of the two falls, and going to the falls seems just a little more shady, even though you’re right near a police station. Even though it’s not really that bad, the waterfall is essentially difficult to view. The viewing area is placed such that you can see the manmade portion of the drop, but the lower, natural portion is almost impossible to view completely! I’ve seen other pictures that showed a more complete falls, but I don’t see any way that you could really view the whole falls. Maybe they changed the viewing area?
1) Get onto OH-57 heading south. This can be accessed from the Ohio Turnpike or from other roads in the area.
2) After a short distance, turn left onto OH-113 heading east.
3) In just a few blocks, you will come up to West River St. Turn right here.
4) Continue on West River St. to Lake Ave. Turn left onto Lake Avenue.
5) After a short distance, Lake Avenue will veer to the right. You’re going to turn left around this area, though it’s a little confusing. I would suggest finding the police station, and then taking a left directly after the police station. The road is either Parkview Ct. or Cascade St. Both roads will lead you to the parking area for the falls.
Where in the World is East Falls?: map