Normally, most people only end up visiting Raymondskill Falls, clearly the largest of the falls. Upstream of Raymondskill Falls are three other waterfalls that you should check out too, simply because they’re so nearby. The third waterfall is not considerably exciting, though there is a good view to be had.
- From I-84, take exit 46 to Milford.
- Go east on US-6 for a little more than 2 miles.
- Go south onto US-209 for 2.5 miles.
- Turn right onto Raymondskill Road. Go 0.3 miles to the parking lots. There are two different parking areas, one with a visitor’s center. Both trails lead to Raymondskill Falls.
- From the uppermost viewpoint of Raymondskill Falls, you’ll see a slope that will lead you upstream. The slope is the most difficult part of the journey, as it is rather slippery.
- As you head upstream, follow the river as closely as possible. Be careful, though, as there are some steeper drops.
- After a quarter mile or so, you’ll come on the the group of three falls.
Accessibility: 6/10 (moderate)
Length of Hike: 1 mile round-trip
Where in the World is Upper Raymondskill Falls #3?