I’m not sure how much I have to say about the 2nd “middle” Hungarian Falls. The lower, upper, and 1st middle falls are considerably more interesting in terms of size and/or shape. The second middle falls is not that tall, maybe 7 feet. It’s still a very pretty waterfall, and if you’re hiking from the lower to upper falls, you’ll end up seeing it anyway.
- You’ll be driving along M-26 toward Hubell, MI.
- In the outskirts of Hubell (if there can be outskirts in such a small town), turn onto Sixth Street.
- Sixth Street will dead end, but to the left is a dirt road named Golf Course Road. Take the road to the left.
- You will go up a hill, and the road will flatten out a little bit.
- Here’s the confusing part…As you’re driving on Golf Course Road, you will pass a number of dirt roads on the left. I got confused by the directions I was following and ended up turning onto the first road ON THE LEFT after a pile of rubble and a gate. The connection to the road was not even, so go slowly!
- From there, I headed down that road to the end, where there is a turn-around. Park here.
- From here, you will connect onto the trail to your right. Where I parked, if I walked straight instead of to the right, I hit what looked like the remains of an old bridge…
- From this trail, you will end up passing the Lower Falls first. Then you will come to the first Middle Hungarian Falls. All of the falls can be viewed from this trail, some better than others.
Accessibility: 6/10 (moderate)
Length of Hike: 0.8 miles round-trip
Where in the World is Middle Hungarian Falls #2?
One thought on “Middle Hungarian Falls #2, Michigan”
Great photo! I love waterfalls. They’re not easy to find in Arizona.