If the view were not so advantageous, Triple Falls might be classified as three separate falls. But with Triple Falls, you see all three drops simultaneously from multiple different viewpoints. This makes Triple Falls one of the more popular waterfalls in the waterfall-infested Transylvania County.
Triple Falls isn’t necessarily that easy to get to. Let’s just say the walk back down wasn’t even that simple, even though I was going downhill. There is a clearly defined trail, but the trail is consistently steep in parts. It’s not the kind of steep that requires strategically placed ropes, but it is steep enough to wear you out. Unless you’re really out of shape, you should be able to do it, but plan to take a well-deserved break at the falls. If you love waterfalls or love the feel of lactic acid burning away in your calves, you can head even further up the trail to the equally spectacular High Falls. (Hooker Falls is on the opposite side of Dupont Road.)
- You’re going to want to get on US-64 heading south of Brevard. (Head north on US-64 if you’re coming from South Carolina.)
- Turn right on Crab Creek Rd. and head 4.3 miles to Dupont Rd.
- Turn right on Dupont Road, which is also called Station Road in places.
- Go for a ways until you cross the Little River. During busy times of the year, you’ll realize that right near the bridge is the parking area for the falls. You can also park on the side of the road.
- The trail to Triple Falls and High Falls starts across the road from the parking area.
Length of Hike: 1 mile round-trip
Where in the World is Triple Falls?