There’s not an official name for this watefall, but this waterfall is found between Canyon Falls and Upper Falls, so I’ve decided to call it Middle Canyon Falls. This waterfall is probably not noticed by many people. I’m thinking most people end up visiting just Canyon Falls, with a few people exploring beyond to find Upper Falls. On the way to Upper Falls, you can listen for this smaller waterfall, though it can be easy to miss. I found that it was easier to look for the falls on the return hike when you’re looking more directly at the river. It is also easier to find the best viewpoint for pictures on the way back.
1) If you’re heading north on US-41 toward L’Anse and Baraga, the roadside park leading to Canyon Falls and the others will be on your left.
2) Pull into the roadside area and park.
3) The trail to the falls is very clearly labeled.
4) As you walk along the trail, you’ll first pass some smaller drops, and then you’ll come to Canyon Falls.
5) It might not appear like you can continue on, but continue on the trail to Middle and Upper Falls.
Where in the World is Middle Canyon Falls?: map