I have commented before on the anomaly that seems to be present with waterfalls that have their height in their names. Often, the actual heights seem to be much lower than the height in the name. Twelve Foot Falls actually seems to be the one where height and the name seem to match. It’s not that tall of a waterfall, but compared to the nearby Eight Foot Falls, this falls is much more exciting!
This falls is one of the cooler falls in the area for another reason. This is the falls that you can get the closest to and interact with. If you look at the picture, there are some kids playing to the left of the crest of the falls. Everybody likes to be able to get closer to waterfalls, so this one wins.
1) From US-141 in Wisconsin in Marinette County, take a left on Beecher Lake Rd.
2) Turn on Smeester School Rd.
3) Turn left on Trout Haven Rd.
4) Turn right onto Twelve Foot Falls Road.
5) Signs will lead you to the parking area for 12-Foot Falls. From the parking area, you can see Twelve Foot Falls.
Where in the World is Twelve Foot Falls?: map