Bushkill Falls Park has 9 or 10 different waterfalls in the park. After Bushkill Falls, Lower Gorge Falls might be the second largest of the falls. The problem is that it is almost impossible to get a very good view/photograph of this waterfall. I was walking along the red diamond trail and approached Lower Gorge Falls. You’ll get good glimpses of the falls, though trees will be blocking your view enough to prevent a good picture. As you get closer to the falls, there is actually a bridge that crosses over the crest of the falls. This will be your best bet in getting a glimpse of the falls.
- You can access the Bushkill Falls park from US-209 in Pennsylvania.
- From US-209, turn onto Bushkill Falls Road near the town of Bushkill.
- From there, head down that road to the sign for the entrance to the park.
- Park in the parking lot. The park opens at different times depending on the season, but it is best to arrive as early as possible. It is a very popular attraction.
- From there, pay the entrance fee, making sure to get a brochure with map.
Accessibility: 8/10 (easy/moderate)
Length of Hike: 2 miles round-trip (to see all falls)
Where in the World is Lower Gorge Falls?