Middle Hungarian Falls #3 is the least exciting of all of the waterfalls on or near the Hungarian River. Even when the other falls are at their highest flows, this one is still pretty insignificant, as the picture from May 2009 shows below. This small little fall is not on the main river/creek, but a very small offshoot. You may not even notice this as you’re waking along. It was a while ago, but I do remember it being visible from a wooden plank that crosses the Hungarian River.
- You’ll be driving along M-26 toward Hubell, MI.
- In the outskirts of Hubell (if there can be outskirts in such a small town), turn onto Sixth Street.
- Sixth Street will dead end, but to the left is a dirt road named Golf Course Road. Take the road to the left.
- You will go up a hill, and the road will flatten out a little bit.
- Here’s the confusing part…As you’re driving on Golf Course Road, you will pass a number of dirt roads on the left. I got confused by the directions I was following and ended up turning onto the first road ON THE LEFT after a pile of rubble and a gate. The connection to the road was not even, so go slowly!
- From there, I headed down that road to the end, where there is a turn-around. Park here.
- From here, you will connect onto the trail to your right. Where I parked, if I walked straight instead of to the right, I hit what looked like the remains of an old bridge.
- From this trail, you will end up passing the Lower Falls first. Then you will come to the first Middle Hungarian Falls. All of the falls can be viewed from this trail, some better than others.
Accessibility: 6/10 (moderate)
Length of Hike: 0.9 miles round-trip
Where in the World is Middle Hungarian Falls #3?